The VersaStrap/VersaLink can be used to replace cam buckles and ratchet straps for certain applications. They were designed for climbing sticks, but can be used in a variety of scenarios. Never use a VersaStrap/VersaLink in a life support scenario like a Tether or Lineman Belt. Always inspect your VersaStraps/VersaLinks before use. DO NOT use if excessive wear, fraying, or tearing is present. If any of these conditions exist, destroy the VersaStrap/VersaLink immediately.
To install the VersaStrap/VersaLink on your climbing stick:
- Attach the end without the shock cord to the versabutton. DO NOT use the very last link. Always attach with the second to last link.
- Hold your climbing stick against the tree at the appropriate height.
- Wrap the VersaStrap/VersaLink around the tree and slip the appropriate link over the versabutton.
- You should now have two links over the versabutton.
- Pull down on your climbing stick to remove all slack from the VersaStrap/VersaLink and set the stick tight to the tree trunk.
UHMWPE VersaStraps (Mini and Standard) average breaking strength: 1,200 lbs.
Polyester VersaStraps average breaking strength: 800 lbs
UHMWPE VersaLinks average breaking strength: 2,000 lbs.