The VersaStrap can be used to replace cam buckles and ratchet straps for certain applications. They were designed for climbing sticks, but can be used in a variety of scenarios. Never use a VersaStrap in a life support scenario like a Tether or Lineman Belt.
To install the VersaStrap on your climbing stick:
- Attach the end without the shock cord to the versabutton. DO NOT use the very last link. Always attach with the second to last link.
- Wind the VersaStrap around the climbing stick and use the shock cord to keep the VersaStrap from flapping around.
To use the VersaStrap on a tree:
- Hold your climbing stick against the tree.
- Wrap the VersaStrap around the tree and slip the appropriate link back over the versabutton.
- You should now have two links over the versabutton.
- Pull down on your climbing stick to remove all slack from the VersaStrap.
To remove the VersaStrap from the tree:
- Release the tension on the VersaStrap by lifting upwards on the climbing stick.
- Remove the VersaStrap link from the versabutton.
- Wind the VersaStrap around your climbing stick and use the shock cord to secure the free end.