The Tethrd Mantis Saddle is the culmination of years of combined research and testing. At barely 1 pound, it’s easily the world’s most ultralight elevated hunting system. Don’t mistake it’s diminutive size and weight to mean light duty. The Mantis is strong…real strong. Its constructed of premium materials that are rated for many thousands of pounds. It could make a saddle hunter out of a Jeep if a Jeep could climb a tree and shoot a bow.
The Mantis is constructed with the same MILSPEC mesh used to build the U.S. Military’s Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV), better known to civilians as body armor. This ultra strong, weather resistant knit fabric provides 2 way stretch, and ultimate air circulation for extreme comfort. The load bearing components of the saddle are made with 6,000 lb webbing as well as load-bearing rated hardware in the belt. The bridge loops and load bearing lineman belt loops are then reinforced with 3,000 lb tubular webbing for extreme abrasion resistance and durability.
To keep the Mantis in place we designed a load bearing waist belt with a load rated buckle and quick attach adjustable leg loops (not load bearing). With the load bearing belt and the leg loops attached, it’s virtually impossible for the hunter to fall from the saddle. The Saddle body holds the user’s weight, while the belt and leg loops only function to hold the Mantis on the hunter.
Oh yeah…it’s 100% made in America.
If you’re looking for the most ultralight and efficient way to hunt, you found it.
For a complete list of details and features, check out the Mantis Story here.
- If you are new to saddle hunting, assume you will be more of a “sitter”
- If you add bulky layers for colder weather, we recommend you go one size larger
- If you are on the boarder of sizes, go one size larger
- INCLUDED – Fixed 1/4″ Amsteel Blue bridge at 30″
- INCLUDED – Dedicated lineman loops
- INCLUDED – Molle attachment system for modular accessory upgrades
- INCLUDED – MILSPEC Mesh construction with 2-way stretch for ultimate comfort
- MicroFit Ready
- SBW Ready
- Recliner Ready
- SYS Hauler Ready
16.5 ounces – Size M
17.2 ounces – Size L
18 ounces – Size XL
*300 lb weight limit