1. NEVER climb above your lineman belt. It should always be above waist level when in use.
2. You should always ascend and descend the tree using your lineman belt (c). This allows you to safely affix your climbing method, platform, and your tree tether while remaining attached to the tree at all times.
3. At the base of the tree, pass the free end of your lineman belt (c) around the tree (Fig. 4.2). Attach it via a carabiner at the opposite lineman loop (a) (Fig. 4.3) and secure the crew gate on the caribiner.
4. Adjust your lineman belt with a prusik knot (d)to safely climb the tree. While climbing, the lineman’s belt should be taut and supporting your weight.
5. At hunting height, DO NOT remove your lineman belt until you are safely tethered to the tree with your tree tether.
6. At the end of the hunt connect your lineman belt to the tree before removing your tree tether and starting your descent.
1. NEVER allow your lineman belt (a) to angle downward away from your waist. (Fig. 8.1).
2. The Lineman belt (a) should ALWAYS be angled upwards from your waist. (Fig. 8.2).
3. NEVER allow yourself to be more than 14” (b) away from the trunk of the tree (Fig. 8.2).
Lineman Belt safety and setup is covered in the following video.